Monday, 11 May 2015

News: 2015 general elections: I hope my wife will not divorce me - GEJ



Speaking at the thanksgiving and farewell service organized
for him today, President Jonathan said he hopes his wife
will not divorce him just as the former South African leader,
F.W de Klerk's wife left him when he chose to abolish
minority rule in South Africa, a decision he took for the
greater good of South Africa. Pres. Jonathan was speaking
against the backdrop of his decision to concede defeat after
the presidential elections. He said such decisions come with
its consequences. He sympathized with his Minister and
aides for the persecution they will face as they also leave
office come May 29th.
'I believe there are reasons for everything. Some hard
decisions have their own cost. That I have ran the
government this way that stabilized certain things, the
electoral process and other things that brought
stability into this country. They were very costly
decisions which I must be ready to pay for. Some
people come to me and say this or that person is he
not your friend that benefited? Is it not your
government that this person benefited from? But this
is what the person is saying. But I used to say worse
statements will come. If you take certain decisions,
you should know that those close to you will even
abandon you at some point. And I tell them that more
of my so-called friends will disappear. When F.W de
Klerk took the decision to abolish minority rule in RSA,
even his wife divorced him. I hope my wife will not
divorce me. But that is the only decision that has
made RSA to still remain a global player time. If we
still had that minority rule there, by this time, nobody
will be talking about RSA. If you take certain
decisions, it might be good for the generality of the
people but it might affect people differently. So for
ministers and aides who served with me, I sympathize
with them, they will be persecuted. And they must be
ready for that persecution” he said
He appreciated God for being with him and his family.
"Very few of those in my age brackets have been
that lucky. All through my education were on
government scholarships. I have not suffered lack
not because I’m hard-working but by God’s grace.
When I look at the whole picture of my life up to
when I became the president of this country. And I
say that if soldiers and police officers that have not
received 0. 5 per cent of the benefits that I have
received from the state can lay their lives for this
country, I should do anything in the interest of
Nigeria including paying the supreme price. As long
as live, I will continue to do my best for the state
because the state has helped me as a person. I have
to thank Nigerians especially my state for giving me
the opportunity to serve as deputy governor and the
whole country gave me the opportunity to serve as
Vice President and then president, first was to
complete the tenure of the late president and later
serve as president from which I am exiting now as a
very happy and fulfilled man”. CLICK HERE TO READ FULL AND TOUCHING NIGERIAN CELEBRITIES BIOGRAPHY AND SCANDALS

CLICK ON FSHARE ABOVE TO SHARE THIS GIST/INFO TO YOUR FACEBOOK FRIENDS. ALSO SCROLL DOWN BELOW TO DROP YOUR COMMENTS AND VIEWS ON THIS. And keep visiting www.naijaeyez.net daily For more gist/info Like This.
My Blogger Tricks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select "Anonymous" As Your Profile Or Login To Your "Google Account" Post A Comment!